Backstage Tour – Behind the scenes tour
We offer you a unique opportunity to visit the inside of the park, discover the secrets of Oceanogràfic, and have an incredible experience…
Do you want to visit the fish kitchen, view the quarantine area, discover the water storage and treatment system, and visit all areas involved with the animals?
Discover "Behind the scenes tour"!
The Oceanogràfic of Valencia offers you a unique and exclusive experience… go behind the scenes of the biggest aquarium in Europe to get to know it.
Your diving experience will start with the fish kitchen, where food is prepared every day for more than 15,000 animals of the 500 different species that live in various marine tanks.
In the quarantine area, you can know firsthand baby sea horses, or the new sharks that are waiting to be housed in exhibition tanks. You will also learn how all the water that comes straight from the sea every day, 960,000 litres, is filtered to be monitored to ensure animals’ health.
If you like intense sensations, here’s an adventure for you: walk over the sharks tunnel with dozens of dogfish at your feet.
Come and dive in the marine adventure!
- 6 years.
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Oceanogràfic ticket + €12 per person.
Visit to the following areas
- Technical and Mediterranean filtering area.
- Quarantine area.
- Divers’ booth and Oceans walkway.
Schedule of the activity
- Duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Collection at the Oceanogràfic meeting point.
- Minimum 2 people; Maximum 20 people.
- For other languages check availability.
Standards and recommendations
- Once you have purchased your ticket (online or at the Oceanogràfic ticket office), you must show up 5 minutes beforehand at the Experiences Meeting Point located outside the Access Building.
- During the visit it is not allowed to take photographs or video of the facilities. You must always stay with the group with the guide.
- The use of closed shoes is mandatory.