You can arrive by taxi to the Oceanogràfic.
Welcome to the website for the 2020 Annual Symposium of the EAAM – European Association for Aquatic Mammals.
EAAM Board and Local Organizing Committee are pleased to confirm that the new proposed dates to hold the 2020 EAAM Annual Symposium are: 20th to 23rd October 2020. Oceanografic of Valencia (Spain) will still host the event.
- Registration fees of those participants already registered for the Symposium that are unable to attend in the new proposed dates will be reimbursed.
- NH Hotel and Express by Holiday Inn have confirmed that bookings can be rescheduled to the new dates in October at no cost.
- Local Organising Committee is available to help those participants with bookings in accommodations not listed in the recommendation of the organisation to mediate and avoid cancellation rates, specially to those attending the Symposium in the new dates. Local Organising Committee do not assure the success in this matter though. In order to assist with it, details of the accommodation will need to be provided.
- Institutional Members should assume any cancellation or any other fees related to transport tickets, such as plane or train tickets among others.
- EAAM has allocated some budget to try to help students and independent professionals to afford the cancellation or change fees for transport and accommodation (only if Local Organising Committee do not succeed). This will be analysed case by case to assure the most vulnerable people get helped first with the available budget.
- The EAAM Board is evaluating the possibility of skipping the celebration of the 2021 Annual Symposium considering the rescheduling of the 2020 meeting and the proximity of dates. This year 2020 is year of election of board members according to our statutes and so the AGM should take place.
Dear Colleagues and Institutional Members,
The Board of the EAAM and the Local Organizing Committee of the upcoming Conference at Valencia have decided to postpone the Conference. In a few days we will communicate the new dates of the conference.
We want to make clear that this decision is not related with public health issues. Valencia as the rest of Spain, does not have any travel limitations and there is not sustained infection of COVID-19.
The reason for this change of dates is logistic. As many of our colleagues from Italy would have difficulties to attend the conference and some others have expressed concerns to travel in the current situation, we fear a low attendance to the conference. As the main goal of the European Association of Aquatic Mammals is to share knowledge among the members of the Association, we have decided to postpone the conference and look for new dates when the attendance can be optimum.
Welcome / Bienvenidos / Benvinguts!
We do really are excited to welcome all of you to València, and specially to the Oceanogràfic of La Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències.
With our best intention of helping you in having the best experience in our city before, during and after the Congress we invite you to read carefully the following pages in which we pretend to help you to prepare your trip and your stay.
Nevertheless, we encourage you not to hesitate in contacting us, at please feel free to reach us at your best convenience if you need for more detailed information, any specific guidance and/or if you have any suggestions.
Mark in your calendar: The 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th of March, 2020.
Below you can find detailed information about transports, hotel, weather, meals and so forth.
In the meantime, do not forget to:
- Book your flights as early as possible
- Register and take advantage of the early registration fees
- Consider submitting an abstract
- Consider having your facility sponsoring one event at the symposium
We all look forward to welcome you, in Valencia, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th on March!
The regular EMT line stops at the doors of Oceanogràfic. Bus numbers 95 and 15 will connect you with different points of the city.
|NH Las Artes||€126,50||€137,50|
|NH Las Ciencias||€96,80||€105,60|
|Holiday Inn Express||€85,00||€85,00|
When registering indicate: EAAM 2020
Prices for 9th to 13th of March.
From the 1st to 19th March, València is overturned by Fallas celebrations. INFORMATION OF INTEREST.
*If you want to stay one more day (saturday, 14th). Please note that the prices may have 60% increase.
* This special fare will be available to book until 10th of January.
Call for Papers
|On or before 10th January||From 11th January||One day fee|
|Student non Members||€280||€280||€150|
|Student-Members (Gala Dinner not included)||€180||€180||€150|
|Student non Members (Gala Dinner not included)||€230||€230||€150|
* Gala Dinner not included in “One day fee” rate.
Helena Llorens & Tamara Fuentes
Phone: (+34) 600 029 859